We’re aiming to keep both you and us as safe as possible, and to do that we need to work together. We’re making some changes, but many of these are behind the scenes. Still, we wanted to tell you all about it in some detail, so you can be reassured.
What we did:
First, we carried out a risk assessment. We’ll keep updating this as guidance changes. For each risk we identified, we tried to find ways to reduce or remove that risk while continuing to keep your experience as effective, relaxing and enjoyable as before.
Throughout, we’ve been guided by government Health and Safety coronavirus guidelines for beauty salons.
Three big changes we’ve done are:
· Made cleaning between clients easier and more effective.
· Payments are by bank transfer, before you come for your appointment.
- Appointments can be made online.
Your experience at A Touch of Spa
Planning for your treatment – how you can help:
1. Make your appointment online.
2. Pay by bank transfer.
3. If you are unwell in any way, even if you think it is just a slight flu, please let us know and we will rearrange your appointment. This includes if
· you have had the recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or
· have a high temperature and/or
· noticed a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
4. Please could you wear clothing that makes it easy to access your neck, shoulders and décolletage without having to remove your blouse or dress? That’s because there are no changing facilities on site.
5. Don’t forget your face mask!
6. Please be sure to use the bathroom before you get here! There will be no access to bathroom facilities for now.
7. If you need to, you can still be dropped off at the premises immediately before your appointment, and be picked up promptly when your appointment is complete. But for health and safety reasons, we ask that your driver does not leave the car, nor wait for more than 5 minutes on the premises to pick you up.
8. Please do not bring anyone with you to sit in the room while you have your treatment. The only exception is if you are a parent, who normally lives with your child, and are accompanying that child (under 18) for the child’s facial treatment. Please contact us ahead of time if there are any other circumstances that require you to be accompanied or accompany someone.
What to expect when you arrive:
1. Please arrive on time.
2. When you arrive, do park as usual on the drive if you are coming alone.
3. Ring the doorbell and you will be guided to the treatment room.
4. Please maintain social distancing of 2m as far as possible.
5. We are asking you to wear a face mask unless you are actually receiving your treatment, or unless you are asked to remove it temporarily for a particular purpose.
6. You will be asked to use a hand sanitiser when you enter the premises, and before you leave.
7. Staff will use a hand sanitiser or wash their hands before you enter the premises, and before you leave.
8. If the beautician has any concerns at all about your health at any point, the appointment will be stopped. If the reason is something that should have been disclosed to us, you will be required to pay the full price of the treatment.
What to expect during your treatment:
1. Staff will wear a face visor and a face mask throughout the time you are on the premises.
2. Gloves will be worn for treatment.
3. We would strongly suggest that windows are left open throughout the treatment to ensure ventilation. A fan may also be used to assist in circulating the air. But rest assured that maintaining your privacy during your treatment remains important.
4. To minimise the risk during treatment, the beautician will step away from you if she is not actually needing to touch your skin.
5. If you would like to speak during your treatment, please raise your hand and the beautician will step away before you speak.
6. The music will continue to be quiet, soft and relaxing, so there is no need for anyone to raise their voice to be heard over it. This is because speaking loudly can increase the risk of infection.
When you leave:
You will be escorted out. There is a gap between clients, so you should not come into contact with anyone else. This will help to protect you.
Please leave the premises promptly. Appointments will not be allowed to overrun. This will help to protect the next client.
What will happen after you leave:
Please be reassured that all equipment and linen used or touched during your appointment by either you or the beautician will be disinfected or washed after every client.
The salon and the furniture will be cleaned after every client. And cleaned again at the end of the day.
A weekly deeper clean will be carried out.
What about if someone becomes infected?
A new consent form
The government has asked us to keep a list of clients, and if needed to provide information on individuals to the authorities – particularly for the NHS tracing system. We are also required to do our best to do all we can to keep you, and us safe. So we will ask you to complete a consent form to enable these to happen.
If someone reports infection:
If someone reports infection or the possibility of infection with coronavirus within 2 weeks of your visit, you will be informed, and the appropriate services will also be informed so tracing contacts can be facilitated, for example.
If you start to display symptoms of coronavirus, regardless of whether you test positive or not, please let us know promptly.
If you would like to have a skin checkup, these are currently being done online. However, if you are also booking a treatment to immediately follow, the skin checkup will be done on the premises.
This year has been hard. It's been stressful.
And it all shows up on your skin, as it becomes drier and with more lines and wrinkles.
Pop in for a luxurious but effective personalised treatment, guaranteed to improve your skin so it looks plumper and firmer. Feel your self confidence bloom again!
As we continue to fight this pandemic it's so important to do your best to look as good as you can. You know how much it helps to keep your spirits up when you look good.
You have so much extra responsibility during the pandemic, and it's really important to take the time to take care of yourself. So you can stay healthy.
We're offering an online service, so you can benefit right there in the comfort of your own home. Because we understand how important it is to feel normal. You can book yours right now here.
Not sure how a skin check up can help? Go here to find out more. It's all about giving you some personalised support so you can take better care of your skin, and do it with confidence. One less thing to worry about!
Let's work together. Let's do better as we fight this pandemic, together x.
It is confusing trying to find the right skincare products for your skin.
And you can yo yo from spending ages researching what might work, worrying about finding the right natural products, sustainable products to maybe just buying something because you saw it advertised. Or maybe you just grab what you see on the supermarket shelves because you're in a rush.
Whichever approach you take -
It's like trying on the umpteenth pair of jeans, because the fit is just not right.
And that's my secret sauce. I can use science to help you to find the products that will truly fit your needs - from the thousands available. You can benefit from the hours I spend trawling the internet to find products that:
And when I find these (and maybe only 2 out of 100 products actually pass these tests) I buy a couple. And you know what? I don't charge you any more than the price I paid for these special products. These few products that I feel confident can work.
But not every one of these products will work for everybody. I go further, and match these few products I know have the ability to work to what your skin needs. And that's my unique gift. To be able to do that. So you can be sure that you're getting a product that is best suited to your skin. That can give you the improvements you want to see.
But to access this truly unique service, I have to understand your skin. So head on over here to book your online skin check up now, so we can get started on giving you the skin you want to have. It's really as simple as that.
You're welcome x
Every Sunday, you get some helpful information and advice, for free.
Something in particular bothering you? No problem. Just let Dr Susan know and she'll try to cover it in one of her weekly videos or in a blog.
And to show you just how much value you get, head on over here to sign up, and grab your free gift! So you can get started on improving your skin RIGHT NOW.
What's not to love?