I've missed you at the beauty salon in Woking!
I live for the surprise on your face when you see your skin after a skincare solutions treatment! The WOW that escapes your lips!
So excited to re-open for full services, including facial skincare solutions treatments, from 1 August 2020.
We will be following Government advice, and doing our very best to keep you as well as us, safe while you relax and enjoy your treatment, or pick up your skin care products.
I use science to create non-invasive facials at A Touch of Spa beauty salon in Woking.
Skincare solutions that can help YOU look more attractive. Recommend skin care products that can target your skin care problems.
I believe you have a spark inside you. Maybe it's a bit dull at the moment, but it's not dead. I'd like to help you re- ignite that spark.
To boost your self confidence so you can claim the life you want. So you can be the person you want to be.
Just imagine ... Lockdown is easing, and you're meeting up with friends you haven't properly seen for MONTHS. You walk in ... they look at you and then take a second look ... "Has she had a facelift?" is the question burning in their minds .... You just smile ....
Follow this link to book your appointment NOW in Woking, or for an online facial skin analysis.
You have a choice of services:
- a 30 minute appointment for an online skin analysis to identify your skin care problems, and/or
- a 75 minute appointment for a Skincare Solutions facial Treatment at our beauty salon in Woking.
If you are looking for skin care products, these are individually priced. Contact Dr Susan to find out more.
You can now book your treatment online. Just follow this link.
Sooo looking forward to seeing you!
We are excited to reopen on 1 August 2020!
We’re aiming to keep both you and us as safe as possible, and to do that we need to work together. We’re making some changes to reduce your risk, and ours, but many of these are behind the scenes. Still, we wanted to tell you all about it in some detail, so you can be reassured.
First, we carried out a risk assessment. We’ll keep updating this as guidance changes. For each risk we identified, we tried to find ways to reduce or remove that risk while continuing to keep your experience as effective, relaxing and enjoyable as before.
Throughout, we’ve been guided by government Health and Safety coronavirus guidelines for beauty salons
Three big things we’ve done are:
· To remove any furniture or equipment that cannot be quickly cleaned so cleaning the room between clients is more efficient. So for example, we’ve sadly said goodbye to our lovely Himalayan salt candles for now, and replaced them with candles that can be easily sanitised.
· To make payments and booking appointments both online. It’s so much easier for you. (You’ll want to have both of those done before you arrive for your appointment!) We really want to focus on you, and on your treatment while you’re here, and not on doing admin.
· Visits to A Touch of Spa are only by appointment.
So that said, what will this new experience really be like for you?
1. Make your appointment online.
2. Pay online.
3. If you are unwell in any way, even if you think it is just a slight flu, please let us know and we will rearrange your appointment. For example, if
· you have had the recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or
· have a high temperature and/or
· noticed a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
4. Please could you wear clothing that makes it easy to access your neck, shoulders and décolletage without having to remove your blouse or dress? That’s because there are no changing facilities on site.
5. Don’t forget your face mask!
6. Please be sure to use the bathroom before you get here! There will be no access to bathroom facilities for now.
7. If you need to, you can still be dropped off at the premises immediately before your appointment, and be picked up promptly when your appointment is complete. But for health and safety reasons, we ask that your driver does not leave the car, nor wait for more than 5 minutes on the premises to pick you up.
8. Please do not bring anyone with you to sit in the room while you have your treatment. The only exception is if you are a parent, who normally lives with your child, and are accompanying that child (under 18) for the child’s facial treatment. Please contact us ahead of time if there are any other circumstances that require you to be accompanied or accompany someone.
1. Please arrive on time.
2. When you arrive, do park as usual on the drive if you are coming alone.
3. Ring the doorbell and you will be guided to the treatment room.
4. Please maintain social distancing of 2m as far as possible.
5. We are asking you to wear a face mask unless you are actually receiving your treatment, or unless you are asked to remove it temporarily for a particular purpose.
6. You will be asked to use a hand sanitiser before you enter the premises, and before you leave.
7. Staff will use a hand sanitiser or wash their hands before you enter the premises, and before you leave.
8. If the beautician has any concerns at all about your health at any point, the appointment will be stopped. If the reason is something that should have been disclosed to us, you will be required to pay the full price of the treatment.
1. Staff will wear a face visor and a face mask throughout the time you are on the premises.
2. Gloves will be worn for treatment.
3. We would strongly suggest that windows are left open throughout the treatment to ensure ventilation. A fan may also be used to assist in circulating the air. But rest assured that maintaining your privacy during your treatment remains important.
4. To minimise the risk during treatment, the beautician will step away from you if she is not actually needing to touch your skin.
5. If you would like to speak during your treatment, please raise your hand and the beautician will step away before you speak.
6. The music will continue to be quiet, soft and relaxing, so there is no need for anyone to raise their voice to be heard over it. This is because speaking loudly can increase the risk of infection.
You will be escorted out. There is a gap between clients, so you should not come into contact with anyone else. This will help to protect you.
Please leave the premises promptly. Appointments will not be allowed to overrun. This will help to protect the next client.
Please be reassured that all equipment and linen used or touched during your appointment by either you or the beautician will be disinfected or washed after every client.
The salon and the furniture will be cleaned after every client. And cleaned again at the end of the day.
A weekly deeper clean will be carried out.
The government has asked us to keep a list of clients, and if needed to provide information on individuals to the authorities – particularly for the NHS tracing system. We are also required to do our best to do all we can to keep you, and us safe. So we will ask you to complete a new consent form to enable these to happen.
If someone reports infection or the possibility of infection with coronavirus within 2 weeks of your visit, you will be informed, and the appropriate services will also be informed so tracing contacts can be facilitated, for example.
If you start to display symptoms of coronavirus, regardless of whether you test positive or not, please let us know promptly.
If you would like to have a skin analysis, these are currently being done online.
However, if you are also booking a treatment to immediately follow, the skin analysis will be done on the premises.
A Touch of Spa beauty salon in Woking remains open for online skin assessments and product recommendations so you can continue to take care of your skin during these difficult times. To make progress with your skincare solutions. To get skin care products that can work for you.
Stay safe, and stay well.
While the Covid19 outbreak continues, Dr Susan offers weekly free tips and advice on skincare solutions that are available to you even if you are not currently a client. Just press the button below to contact A Touch of Spa and get yours!